Fun, Free Things to Do in Pensacola
Some of the best things in life are free, and this is certainly true in the Pensacola Bay Area.
Come see how a getaway here can help you stretch your hard-earned vacation dollars with these ideas for fun, free activities.
- Visit the National Naval Aviation Museum, one of the world's largest aviation museums.
- Learn about Pensacola's rich history at the T.T. Wentworth, Jr. Florida State Museum.
- Browse works from more than 200 local artists at Quayside Art Gallery in downtown Pensacola, the largest co-op gallery in the Southeast.
- Bring a lawn chair and enjoy an outdoor concert at Evenings in Old Seville.
- Learn about sea life and coastal ecology at Gulf Islands National Seashore ranger-led programs for kids.
- Meet the world-famous Blue Angels every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. at the National Naval Aviation Museum.
- Kick back and enjoy a fabulous Gulf Coast sunset.
- Explore nature and take a hike at the Edward Ball Nature Trail located on the University of West Florida campus.
- On Tuesday evenings from May through September, head to the Gulfside Pavilion on Pensacola Beach for Bands on the Beach concerts.
- Visit the Veterans Memorial Park - featuring a World War II Memorial, a Korean War Memorial and The Wall South - the nation's only full-name permanent replica of Washington D.C.'s Veteran's Memorial.
- Uncover history at The Pensacola Colonial Archaeological Trail - if your timing is right, you can actually participate in a dig.
- See the only natural bluffs in Florida at Bay Bluff Park located along Scenic Highway.
- Go bird watching at Project GreenShores - a habitat restoration project along Pensacola Bay.
- Stroll through Pensacola's Palafox Historic District and Pensacola Historic District where you'll find a wealth of shops, galleries and restaurants.
- Walk in the footsteps of the king and queen of Spain by taking the royal tour of Pensacola.
- Play a game of disc golf at Shoreline Park in Gulf Breeze.
- Tour Fort Barrancas and Advanced Redoubt at NAS Pensacola.
- Explore the area's rich heritage by seeing the African-American Heritage Trail.
- Plan your stay around one of our many festivals - Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival, Pensacola Seafood Festival, Pensacola Jazz Fest and Goombay Gulf Coast to name a few. For a complete list and details, see our major calendar of events or on-going event calendar.
- Enjoy free admission on Tuesdays at the Pensacola Museum of Art featuring traveling exhibits of national prominence such as Andy Warhol and Salvador Dali.
- Get a glimpse of the past at St. Michael's Cemetery, a burial ground since the late 18th century.