25 Fun, Free Things to Do in PensacolaAffordable Vacations
Some of the best things in life are free, and this is certainly true in the Pensacola Bay Area.
Sure, the Pensacola Bay Area boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Its legendary sugar-white sand and turquoise water were discovered in 1559 by Don Tristan DeLuna, and Pensacola has been loved by explorers ever since. But what many don’t know is that there is a world of fun, free things to do in the Pensacola Bay Area aside from the award-winning beaches. A Pensacola bucket list if you will, that can be taken on by couples, families, friends or just anyone angling to get to know Pensacola better. From Perdido Key to downtown Pensacola to Pensacola Beach, you’ll find unforgettable things to do that are free year-round. Seize the moment with our list of 25 of Pensacola’s best free concerts, shows, activities and more.
- Visit the National Naval Aviation Museum, one of the world's largest aviation museums.
- Explore the Florida Great Birding and Wildlife Trail.
- Stroll through Palafox Market on Saturday mornings—music and shopping
- Browse works from more than 200 local artists at Quayside Art Gallery in downtown Pensacola, the largest co-op gallery in the Southeast.
- Bring a lawn chair and enjoy an outdoor concert at Evenings in Old Seville.
- Learn about sea life and coastal ecology at Gulf Islands National Seashore ranger-led programs for kids.
- Attend a Blue Angels practice air show and autograph signing at the National Naval Aviation Museum.
- Kick back and enjoy a fabulous Gulf Coast sunset.
- Go on a free historic walking tour of Historic Downtown Pensacola with Emerald Coast Tours
- Explore nature and take a hike at the Edward Ball Nature Trail located on the University of West Florida campus.
- On Tuesday evenings from May through September, head to the Gulfside Pavilion on Pensacola Beach for Bands on the Beach concerts.
- Visit the Veterans Memorial Park - featuring a World War II Memorial, a Korean War Memorial and The Wall South - the nation's only full-name permanent replica of Washington D.C.'s Veteran's Memorial.
- Uncover history at The Pensacola Colonial Archaeological Trail - if your timing is right, you can actually participate in a dig.
- Explore natural bluffs at Bay Bluff Park located along Scenic Highway.
- Explore the Florida Great Birding and Wildlife Trail
- Stroll through Pensacola's Palafox Historic District and Pensacola Historic District where you'll find a wealth of shops, galleries and restaurants.
- Walk in the footsteps of the king and queen of Spain by taking the royal tour of Pensacola.
- Play a game of disc golf at Shoreline Park in Gulf Breeze.
- Tour Fort Barrancas and Advanced Redoubt at NAS Pensacola.
- Explore the area's rich heritage by seeing the African-American Heritage Trail.
- Plan your stay around one of our many festivals - Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival, Pensacola Seafood Festival and Pensacola Jazz Fest to name a few. For a complete list and details, see our major calendar of events or on-going event calendar.
- Get a glimpse of the past at St. Michael's Cemetery, a burial ground since the late 18th century.
- Go on a treasure hunt on the Explore Pensacola GeoTour
- Enjoy Gallery Nights in downtown Pensacola
- Cool down in the splash pad at Plaza DeLuna