Serve on the Visit Pensacola Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of Visit Pensacola. Visit Pensacola, Inc. is a private, not for profit 501 (c)(6) corporation organized exclusively for the common business interest of promoting and improving tourism related business activities throughout Escambia County. Visit Pensacola is a membership-based corporation (“Corporation”). The Corporation receives both public Tourism Development Tax (TDT) funds from Escambia County and private funds from its Tourism Partner members and participants in our cooperative marketing programs.
Serving on the Visit Pensacola Board is a rewarding personal and professional experience. The Board has eleven (11) directors from specific categories; four (4) from visitor experience industries, four (4) from geographically based lodging industry and three (3) At Large. Each director serves a three (3) year staggered term. Applications will be used by the Board’s Nominating Committee to identify and evaluate potential Board candidates. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position.
Board of Director Job Description
- Helps create and implement the vision for Visit Pensacola, and its five (5) year strategic plan.
- Refines the mission and objectives of Visit Pensacola and establishes and promotes its governing principles.
- Approves the annual operating budget and monitors the Corporation’s finances.
- Approves membership structure, service offering, dues, and assessments.
- Provides direction and oversight for the Corporation’s operations.
- Monitors the performance of the President.
- Represents the Corporation’s interests and serves as an advocate for tourism, conventions, meetings, and destination management issues.
- Attends Board meetings and important related meetings on a regular basis. The Board will meet once a month with meetings lasting one (1) to two (2) hours.
- Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Visit Pensacola’s Board and committee work.
- Volunteers for, willingly accepts and completes assignments thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about Board and industry matters, prepares themselves well for meetings and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Builds a collegial working relationship with other Board members that contribute to consensus building and positive action.
- Participates in membership recruitment.
- Participates in the Corporation’s raising both public and private funds.