Lusharon Wiley, Ed.D.
Director of Culture/Innisfree Hotels
Dr. Lusharon Wiley was a successful manager and leader in higher education for over 24 years. In 2018, she transitioned to corporate America as the Director of Culture for Innisfree Hotels, a hotel management, marketing and development company.
Lusharon holds a doctorate in education from the University of West Florida, Pensacola; a Master of Art in Political Science from the University of Illinois, Chicago and a Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Tuskegee Institute, Alabama.
Highlights of Dr. Wiley’s career at the University of West Florida include:
- Recipient of the 2015 Excellence in Inclusion Award presented by the Division of Student Affairs
- Recognized at the University of West Florida’s 2014 Annual Convocation as the employee exemplifying the value of caring
- Founder and director of the Argo Pantry, a service designed to help students in need of emergency food assistance.
- Founder of the Inclusion Spotlight Series, a series focused on bringing notable people in the neighborhood to the University
- Founder of the Military Connections program in recognition of veterans’ service to America
- Initiated “Discussing the Un-discussable,” as a platform for social and intercultural dialogue on hot topics in America and internationally
- In 2016, Dr. Wiley wrote, produced and performed her one-woman show, “Lusharon Unleashed.” She is working on her second production.
Community and civic engagement
- Board Member, Visit Pensacola
- WSRE TV Foundation Board Member
- Ambassador, Pensacola Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Board Member, Greater Pensacola Tuskegee Alumni Club
- Member, Gulf Coast Citizen Diplomacy Council
- Member, Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast
- Executive Board Member, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated
Wiley, L. (2018). Feature article on my life’s journey as a successful woman. Out Front Magazine.
Wiley, L. (2018). Difference, Diversity, and Sensitivity Among Ourselves and For Our Clients.” Florida Association of Aging Services Providers, Volume 62/January/February 2018
Wiley, L. (2015). Can Mindfulness Align Us With Success? Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast Magazine.
Ford, D, Northrup, P. and Wiley, L. (2009) New Directions for Student Services. Connections, Partnerships, Opportunities, and Programs to Enhance Success for Military Students. Wiley Periodicals.
American Association of State Colleges and Universities (2007). Hispanic Student Success in State Colleges and Universities: Creating Supportive Spaces on our Campuses, Research team member that visited Chico State University, Hammang et.al.
When Black Folks Was Colored (1998). Anthology of selected writings. Mama N’em. African American Heritage Society of Pensacola.
Dr. Wiley’s speaking engagements include but are not limited to
- Leadership Pensacola, Inclusive Leadership August 2018
- St. Joseph Catholic Church/Sisters of St. Peter Claver/Fierce Women of God (March 2018)
- Distinguished Speaker at The Ohio State University for the Center for Higher Education Enterprise (November 2016)
- Emcee for the Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast (October 2016)
- Women’s History Month speaker, Naval Air Station Pensacola (March 2016)
- Keynote speaker Inaugural Women of Many Hats Mother’s Day inaugural event sponsored by Magic 106.1 (May 2016)
- Presenter for the Game Plan for high student athletes/Mr. Robbins Neighborhood (June 2016)
- Empowerment Brunch for Women featured speaker, Fort Walton Beach (October 2016)
- Graduation speaker, Sidney Nelson High School, June (2010)
- Presenter, Association on Higher Education & Disability, Kentucky (2009)
- Presenter – National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in Orlando, FL (2008)
- Keynote speaker for Black History Month/Bishop Community College- Mobile, AL (2003);
- Presenter at the Council for Opportunity in Education – National Conference, Chicago, IL (2002)