October 1 marks the beginning of a new fiscal year for Visit Pensacola and the organization would like to invite members of the community to apply for open Board of Director and Committee positions.
“Serving on the Visit Pensacola Board of Directors is a rewarding personal and professional experience,” President of Visit Pensacola Steve Hayes said. “Board members are given the unique opportunity to directly influence hospitality and tourism in Escambia County.”
There are four open positions for the Visit Pensacola Board of Directors including Pensacola Beach lodging, NAS/Northwest Pensacola Lodging, at-large and Arts/Culture/History.
Some duties include:
- Attends meetings and important related meetings on a regular basis. The Board will meet once a month with meetings lasting up to two hours.
- Helps create and implement the vision for Visit Pensacola, and its five-year strategic plan.
- Refines the mission and objectives of Visit Pensacola and establishes and promotes its governing principles.
- Represents the corporation’s interests and serves as an advocate for tourism, conventions, meetings, and destination management issues.
If you would like to be a part of the success of tourism and Visit Pensacola, please fill out an application. Applications will be used by our board’s nominating committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. Completing this form will also help you understand the skills, time and resource commitments of this leadership position.
Also opening are positions on Visit Pensacola Committees. As an industry-driven organization, our greatest strength is the input and guidance from our community partners and stakeholders. Current committees include:
- Marketing Committee
- Sales & Services Committee
- Hospitality Round Table
- Finance Committee
- Grant Committee
- Partnership Committee
- Strategic Plan Committee