This is your chance to lead the Pensacola Tourism Industry
Visit Pensacola Calls for Board of Directors and Committee Members
Taking place October 26, Visit Pensacola’s Annual Meeting marks the beginning of fiscal year (FY) 2019. Here, we recap FY 2018 and look ahead to where we’re going in the year ahead. Additionally, we’ll recognize our outgoing and new board members.
For FY 18, Visit Pensacola has three board position openings, so now is the time to consider joining our team. The board has 11 directors from specific categories, four from visitor experience industries, four from geographically based lodging industries and three at large. Each director serves a three-year term. Positions that will be open in the coming year include:
- Pensacola Downtown / Airport Lodging: zip code 32501, 32502, 32503, and 32504
- At – Large
- Dining / Entertainment
Serving on the Pensacola Board of Directors is a rewarding personal and professional experience. Board members are given the unique opportunity to directly influence hospitality and tourism in Escambia County. Some duties include:
- Attends Board meetings and important related meetings on a regular basis. The Board will meet once a month with meetings lasting one (1) to two (2) hours.
- Helps create and implement the vision for Visit Pensacola, and its five (5) year strategic plan.
- Refines the mission and objectives of Visit Pensacola and establishes and promotes its governing principles
- Represents the Corporation’s interests and serves as an advocate for tourism, conventions, meetings, and destination management issues.
If you would like to be a part of the success of tourism and Visit Pensacola, please fill out an application. Applications will be used by our board’s nominating committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. Completing this form will also help you understand the skills, time and resource commitments of this leadership position.
Also opening, are positions on the Visit Pensacola Committees. As an industry-driven organization, our greatest strength is the input and guidance from our community partners and stakeholders. Current committees include:
- Marketing Committee
- Sales & Services Committee
- Hospitality Round Table
- Finance Committee
- Grant Committee
- Partnership Committee
- Strategic Plan Committee
If you are interested, please complete the interest form and send to Steve Hayes and indicate which committee you like to be involved with.