It is also a time for the organization to discuss and vote on upcoming critical areas of business for the fiscal year. Among those, the Nominating Committee will present the proposed slate of 2019 board of directors. Each year, the Nominating Committee is tasked with recommending to the board and general membership, persons to be considered for election as standing officers to the corporation.
The committee is comprised of the immediate past chairperson and must include at least five members. Individuals selected by the Nominating Committee are representative of the community and the tourism industry.
Nominations for the four open board positions include:
- At-Large: Lusharon Wiley – Innisfree Hotels
- Dining/Entertainment: Cam Price – Flora-Bama Lounge
- Perdido Key Lodging: McKenzie Vaughn – Southern Vacation Rentals
- Pensacola Downtown/Airport Lodging: Joe McCay – Pensacola Grand Hotel
Proposed officers include:
- Chairman: Rob Overton – Arts/Culture/History
- Vice-Chairman: Capt. Sterling Gilliam – Attractions/Venues
- Secretary: Tish Patel – NAS/NW Gateway Lodging
- Treasurer: D.C. Reeves – At-Large
This year’s meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 24, from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Sanders Beach Community Center. I hope you will join us in celebrating our accomplishments and setting goals for the future of our industry. Please RSVP no later than October 18.
To register, click here.
Steve Hayes, President