Visit Pensacola Announces 2019-20 Grant Recipients
Pensacola, Fla. (Sept. 3, 2019) – Visit Pensacola is pleased to announce its 2019-20 grant recipients for events taking place between Oct. 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020. Twice a year, Visit Pensacola allocates funds from its annual budget to a grant program for local groups and organizations that coordinate events or visitor experiences with a demonstrated history of visitor impact or the significant potential to draw visitors to the area.
“This year, we’re excited to award over $300,000 to local organizations in the community,” President of Visit Pensacola Steve Hayes said. “These dollars support events and organizations, providing them with the tools to reach out-of-market audiences that they typically couldn’t. By focusing on the area’s quality of place, our community has the opportunity to show the world our destinations greatest assets.”
Since implementing the grant program in 2015, Visit Pensacola has awarded over $1.4 million to numerous events and organizations.
Grant recipients include:
- 850 Winterfest 2020: Jan. 17-19
- Dragon Boat Festival: Oct. 11-12
- ITEN Wired: Oct. 2-4
- Pensacola Beach Songfest: Oct. 2-6
- Taste of the Beach: Oct. 18-19
- Pensacola Interstate Fair: Oct. 17-27
- Mahabhuta Yoga Festival: Nov. 7-10
- Frank Brown International Songwriter’s Festival: Nov. 7-17
- Winterfest: Nov. 22 – Dec. 24
- Comedy in the Cola: Dec. 6-7
- Pensacola Comedy Festival: Jan. 2-5
- Pensacola Mardi Gras: Jan. 4, Feb.22, Feb. 25
- The Gathering of Worshippers Dance Conference: Feb. 14-15
- Pensacon: Feb. 28-March1
- Food Truck Festival: April 3-4
- Gallery Night: Oct. - April
In early spring, Visit Pensacola will again accept applications for events taking place from May 1, 2020 – Sept. 30, 2020. For anyone seeking funds less than $4,999.99, mini-grants are available year-round. For those interested in applying, visit visitpensacola.org. For more information on upcoming events in the Pensacola Bay Area, visit www.visitpensacola.com/events.
About Visit Pensacola
Visit Pensacola is the destination management organization for Escambia County which includes Pensacola, Pensacola Beach and Perdido Key. With over 450 years of rich history and 18 miles of sugar-white sand beaches bordered by the emerald-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico, visitors from all over the world are lured to our pristine shores every year. Visit Pensacola supports the community vision of tourism by serving as the central body responsible for building tourism as an economic engine for our community through leadership, connection, collaboration and communication.