Explore Pensacola GeoTour
Collect Our GeoTour Coin
Complete the tour and receive this collector's Explore Pensacola GeoTour coin!
Explore Pensacola GeoTour Passport
The Pensacola Bay Area has been loved by explorers since 1559. Now you, too, can embark on your own adventure and discover our destination on the Explore Pensacola GeoTour! Using a GPS-enabled device, instead of a compass, you can become a modern-day Ponce de Leon in search of hidden treasure! With all there is to explore and love in the Pensacola Bay Area, who knows what you might discover?
In geocaching, participants use GPS-enabled devices to locate "geocaches" in a high-tech worldwide treasure-hunting game that allows adventurers to explore destinations in a fun, new way. The Explore Pensacola GeoTour is comprised of four different trails along the Pensacola Bay Area. Your family will have fun exploring our award-winning beaches, discovering history and becoming immersed with our culture on this fun outdoor adventure. Complete all four geocaching trails and you'll receive an Explore Pensacola GeoTour coin from Visit Pensacola. For each trail completed you will receive a commemorative braclet unique to that trail. What are you waiting for?
How to Get Started on the GeoTour
- Download the Explore Pensacola GeoTour Passport or pick one up at our visitor information center, located at 1401 E. Gregory St., Pensacola, FL 32502.
- Create an account at Geocaching.com.
- Locate the GPS coordinates for the Explore Pensacola GeoTour.
- Start exploring and when you find the cache enter the code located in the cache, sign the log and record the find on geocaching.com.
- When completed, return the passport to our visitor information center to receive your prize.
What Is the Explore Pensacola GeoTour?
The Explore Pensacola GeoTour is made up of four different trails throughout Pensacola Bay Area. The trails will take you on an adventure to discover the diverse landscape and history of our beautiful destination. This educational tour will cover the following geocache trails.
Other Geocaching Trails In the Pensacola Bay Area
If you are wanting even more adventure check out the other Geocaching trails.
- Escambia County Geocaching Tour - This tour takes you through the area's major environmental restoration projects.
- UWF Geocaches - Explore the beautiful campus of the University of West Florida. The campus includes more than 20 miles trails of hiking, running and biking trails. The campus also includes the beautiful Edward Ball Nature Preserve Trail and Boardwalk.
- DARC Geo-trail - Explore Florida's archaeological history on a series of caches that take you to various historical areas in the Pensacola Bay Area.
What Is Geocaching?