Plaza de Luna
Plaza de Luna is a waterfront park located at the south end of Palafox Pier and is named after the Spanish Conquistador Don Tristan De Luna. The park is best known for the children’s splash fountain and a life-size statue of De Luna. Other features include areas for fishing, a walking path along the waterfront, concessions/vending; and parking.
Don Tristan De Luna, along with 1,500 colonists, first sailed into what is now Pensacola Bay on August 15, 1559 to establish the first European colony in North America. The settlement was abandoned after two years due to damage and hardships sustained by a violent hurricane that struck within days of their landing.
TALL SHIPS PENSACOLA
260 S TARRAGONA ST
STE 140 PENSACOLA, Florida 32502 (850) 435-4600