Visit Pensacola Awards $172,500 to Pensacola Area Events
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Pensacola, FL – Visit Pensacola announced today its event grant recipients for the 2023 fiscal year taking place Oct. 1, 2022 – Sept. 30, 2023.
Annually, Visit Pensacola allocates funds from its budget to a marketing grant program for groups and organizations coordinating events. The Visit Pensacola event grant program's primary purpose is to enhance marketing efforts to attract visitors overnight while engaging the local community with more experiences. Developed in 2015, the grant program has awarded over $1.6 million to numerous events and organizations' marketing efforts within Escambia County.
"The Visit Pensacola grant program is a great asset for the Escambia County community," Visit Pensacola President and CEO Darien Schaefer said. "The funding allocated supports local organizations and events and provides them with additional marketing resources to share The Way to Beach™ to out-of-market audiences that they typically couldn't."
This year's grant recipients include:
- Pensacon HalloweenFest: Oct. 1-2
- TEN Wired Summit: Oct. 5-7
- Pensacola Beach Songwriters Festival: Oct. 5-9
- Reboot Retreat: Oct. 6-9
- Pensacola Interstate Fair: Oct. 20-30
- UWF Pensacola Maker Fair: Nov. 11-12
- EntreCon 2022: Nov. 16-17, 2022
- Gulf Coast Blues Festival: Nov. 25-27
- Gulf Coast Empowerment: Jan. 6-8
- Pensacola Mardi Gras: Jan. – Feb.
- Pensacola Beach Wellness Festival: Feb. 24 - 26
- Pensacola Habitat Food Truck Festival: Feb. 25-26
- Pensacola VegFest: March 20 & 25
For anyone seeking funds less than $4,999.99, mini-grants are available year-round. Additionally, Visit Pensacola provides free marketing support through the calendar of events on its website. Events in Escambia County are encouraged to upload information to visitpensacola.com/events/submit-your-event/.
To learn more about marketing opportunities with Visit Pensacola, visit www.visitpensacola.org
or contact Director of Marketing and Communications Nicole Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org.