Established as a mission by the Mississippi Methodist Conference December 7, 1821., Reverend Alexander Talley, was the first pastor. The first, second, and third, church buildings located at the northeast corner of Tarragona and Intendencia Streets
The fourth church building occupied in 1884, was located at the corner of Garden and Palafox, where the U. S. Court House now stands. The fifth and present home of the First Methodist Church had the cornerstone laid October 14, 1908. The first service was October 30, 1910.
The building is an excellent example of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture, having an exterior covered in Pennsylvania brownstone. The sanctuary seats 600 and has one of the largest pipe organs in Pensacola.
Pictured | First Methodist Church of Pensacola, 1963, UWF Historic Trust