Completed in 1832, Old Christ Church is one of the oldest surviving church buildings in Florida, serving the Pensacola community as an Episcopal Church, public library and museum. The original church was built in the Federal style, having a tiered bell tower, lower slope roof, large Palladian window, and coved interior ceiling. The soft brick used to construct the walls had a coating of limewash applied to them for protection. In 1879, the building was renovated and extended 20 feet to the west with a tall tower and steeper pitched roof supported by decorative trusses. The style changed to Gothic Revival, which was popular at the time. Stained glass windows behind the altar were added in 1884, on behalf of Edward Colegate of New York City. In 1891, the two small side rooms were added off the alter.
Around 1897, plans for a new Christ Church were developed. New Christ Church was built at the corner of Wright and Palafox Streets in 1902 and the stained glass windows from Old Christ Church were relocated to the new building. In 1936, Old Christ Church was deconsecrated and turned over to the city to use as the first public library in Pensacola. The building was subsequently used as a museum for the Pensacola Historical Society beginning in the 1960s through 1995. At that time, the city deeded Old Christ Church back to the Christ Church vestry and ultimately leased the property to UWF Historic Trust. In 1997, an archaeological study was completed by UWF archaeologists and renovations began on the church to restore it to its 1879 appearance. Presently visitors to the Historic Pensacola Village can visit Old Christ Church as part of the walking tour. The church also serves as a rental space for and home for weddings and occasional musical performances.
Part of the African-American Heritage Trail and the Colonial Archaeological Trail.